Saturday, June 30, 2012

Nail blogging

Lately I've been following a number of blogs that are all about nail polish.  I've always loved painting my nails and the many different colors out there.  I decided to try my hand at taking pictures of what I do and posting them up here for people to see.

I tend to do my nails for the week, so I won't be posting as often as some people do.  I also have acrylic nails as mine are so thin that I barely have nails without a little artificial help.  I've found that the wear on my nails is much smaller throughout the week.  Only a little bit of color comes off around the edge of the free nail.

So without further ado, here are the two pictures I took inside tonight.


The base color is China Glaze Pink Plumeria.  It dries a little matte and I decided to add the Icing polish called Rave Royalty to the top.  Then I finished it off with a clear top coat by Sally Hansen.



I would have taken pictures in the daylight if things hadn't been so crazy here.  I live in Colorado Springs and we had evacuated our house due to the Waldo Canon Fire that apparently has hit national news.  Thankfully, we were far enough away from the fire Tuesday night that our house was not affected, but that night was pretty scary.  We managed to get most of our stuff set back up, a little rearranging that we had thought about doing before, and some cleaning/organizing since everything was torn apart.  Consequently, I ran out of day light.  If I get a chance tomorrow before starting a new set of polish, I'll take pictures to post later.

I hope you like what I've managed to eek out so far,

Chess

No comments: