Friday, July 6, 2012

Patriotic nails

This is the manicure I did to celebrate the 4th of July. 

I used Sally Hansen Xtreme wear in Blue It, China Glaze in China Rouge and Sally Hansen Insta-Dri in Whirlwind White for the base colors.  Then I used my stamping plates to add designs.  I used the Konad special polish in white for most of the them, and the special polish in blue for the middle finger.  From Thumb to pinky I used BM05, BM14, Konad m3, BM21, and BM20.

Sadly, the stripped one was too small for most of my fingers, so I had to change things a bit.  I even had to try to fill in the lines on my smallest finger at the edges.  Despite this, I rather like how my nails turned out.  I had a number of complements on this during the week.

In other news, there weren't any fireworks for the 4th of July, due to the Waldo Canon fire and the high risk of fire all around the city.  By the 4th, the fire had been contained along the city limits, and was mostly contained elsewhere.  Many of the cities residents were able to return to their evacuated homes.  I was quite pleased in how the city and county responded to the threat.  Only two people died, and only about 350 houses were completely lost.  The firefighters saved many houses during that frightful night and my husband said that most of the firefighters will have a hard time buying their own drinks for a long time.

So regardless of not having any fireworks, this whole city was celebrating in many other ways. 

No comments: