Saturday, July 21, 2012

My second try at gradient

I tried the gradient technique a while ago with and orange and pink.  The colors were a little too bright for even my liking.  I saw something similar to this on another blog, but I can't seem to find it anywhere now.  This is my second try.  I think I need a different sponge because it still didn't come out the way I was hoping.



I used Sally Hansen Insta-Dri in Blue By! for the base color.  Then I sponged on Love Nails by Sinful Colors and Sun-Kissed by China Glaze.  The yellow was so light that I ended up sponging two more layers of the yellow, so that might have been part of the problem too.  I topped it all off with my favorite glitter top coat: Fairy Dust by China Glaze.  It's more of a jelly, so the glitter doesn't settle at the bottom like Northern Lights does.


I'm still working on the gradient.  I'm going to get a different type of sponge and see if that helps.  I'm also still working on the picture-taking.  Let me know what you all think so far!


Chess


No comments: