Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Pink with white lace

I decided I wanted to do something lighter this week for my nails.  I like the idea of french tips, but sometimes I like to have color instead of my normal nail underneath.  So I opted for a light pink and instead of a basic white tip, I found a flowery lace looking tip to use.  




I used OPI Sweet Heart for the pink and the stamp is from Konad plate m80 using Sally Hansen Insta-Dri in Whirlwind White.  

The tip is slightly curved, and normally I have a really hard time getting them on the nail just right.  They usually end up lop-sided.  I kept thinking about the issue this past weekend before doing my nails and it finally occurred to me.  The rubber stamper is curved too!   I place the stamper so the curve of the stamper matches the curve on the plate, so when I place it on the nail, I know exactly where the image is.  Most of my nails turned out really well this time.

This look is fairly neutral which is useful in a more conservative setting.


This is a macro of my thumb so you can see the design a little better.  I just wish it weren't so blurry looking. I'm still practicing with the camera.

Let me know what you think!

No comments: