Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day

I know this is a little early, but I wanted to get it up while I had time.  First, I wanted to show you what I did last year.  I know it is a little blurry, but it was taken on my cell phone.  It was a base of Hits Atena and then white stamps of hearts on top.  I was really interested in the holos back then, not that I'm uninterested in them now.  I'm actually excited for the China Glaze collection that will be coming out soon.


Instead of doing something with pink this year, I opted to try something a little different.  I know a lot of people detest pink.  I love pink, but I wanted to challenge myself a little.  Also, since I'm working on this pile of polishes on my desk, I wanted to use something from there and I really only have a super bright summery pink.  The inspiration for this look can be found here.  Instead of recreating the look, however, I changed it up a bit.


I started with Icing Bite My Lip.  I then stamped on the different lips with Konad Red special polish and plate BM-303.  The other stamp is with Konad Black special polish and plate BM-311.  I decided to use the little bit of stamp that was left over from my middle finger on my pinky to make it look like an old newspaper where the letters are fading.


Happy Valentine's Day all!

Until later,
Chess

No comments: