Friday, July 19, 2013

Rosy Pink

Lately I have started watching the TV show Mad Men.  I love the history, fashion, and cosmetics portrayed in the show.  I noticed that the women wear a lot of reds and pinks for nails and lips.  I realize that's because they didn't have as many of the fantastic colors they have now.  This week I decided to go a little more retro for my mani.

I started with a couple coats of China Glaze Life is Rosy.  Then I stamped on the rose image on my ring fingers with China Glaze Liquid Leather and BM-323.  I stamped on one of the roses on my thumbs by strategically placing the polish on the plate.  Finally I topped it all off with Sally Hansen Diamond Strength Flawless.

I was hoping to find a better topcoat than the Diamond Dry I have been using.  It always gets goopy before I get to use most of it.  However, this one is so thin, I ended up with a lot of air bubbles, as you can see in the second picture.  It was much cheaper than the Diamond Dry and the OPI topcoat that I thought about buying. I think it could work if I am just careful, so I will try it again on another mani and see what I think.  I you have any suggestions for another top coat, please comment below.

Also, feel free to comment on the mani in general.  I would love to know what you think.

Until later,

Chess



No comments: