Monday, July 1, 2013

Independence Day 2013

It felt weird not working late today.  I've spent so long working about 50 hours a week, and long days, that I don't know what to do with myself.  The bad news is the next audit should be in next week, but the good news is that it has fewer charts than the last one, by about 100.  I will take what I can get.

This week I used the upcoming holiday for inspiration for my nails.  I realized I had the first liquid sand set by OPI and two of the colors are red and blue, so I decided to use them.

I started with a base coat of Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Whirlwind White.  I placed a coat of China Glaze Dandy Lyin' Around on top of that.  It was too thin to use alone.

Then I used tape on my fingers to create stripes with OPI The Impossible.
 On my thumb, I used star stickers with OPI Get Your Number.  Removing the stickers was a little difficult so I had to use a toothpick to try to make the stars more crisp.

It's not my best work, mostly due to my issues with the star stickers.  Also, I didn't really like the formula of Get Your Number.  It doesn't have the sandy texture like The Impossible does.  So far, I prefer the Zoya Pixie Dust textured polish over the OPI ones.

I hope you all have a great time over the 4th of July, and get to spend some time with your friends and family.

Until later,

Chess



No comments: