Friday, March 14, 2014

Luminous Lilac

This past week I have been sick and miserable.  I haven't done a whole lot more than is required of me, and sleeping extra.  This was also another week where my mani was fighting me.

It has been getting lighter out longer and warming up quite a bit, though we will still probably have more snow sometime before the month is over.  I have been ready to use more spring and summer colors, so this week I decided to go with a pastel pink.  I love the pink, but when I showed it to my sister on Skype, she asked if it is a color that I used before.  I thought about it and realized that I have an Essie polish that is the exact same color.  Once I am done with this post, I can put this color in the donation/sell box.

I started by applying three coats of Pixi Luminous Lilac.  Even still, it was a bit uneven, which is why I am opting to keep the Essie color and get rid of this one.  When it dried, I used the Konad special polish in a shimmery navy and plate m60 for the image.  The image didn't come out as clear as I would have liked on some of the nails, which is what I meant about it fighting me.  Finally, I topped it off with my Diamond Dri.

Overall, it's not my best work, but I'm not really sure why it was being so finicky.

Until later,
Chess

No comments: