Saturday, March 8, 2014

Smokin' Hot

Last week I mentioned having a rough time with my mani.  I felt little creativity and was having a hard time with the stamping.  Sometimes things work, and sometimes they just don't.  This week was better.  I still didn't have much of a creative idea when I set out to do my mani this week, but it came together better.

I started off knowing what color I wanted to use, but wasn't very sure what image or color for the image.  I just kept going through my plates and looking at all the images until I felt comfortable with the idea I formulated

I started off using three coats of Essie Smokin' Hot.  It was uneven in some places, so I used the third coat.  Otherwise, maybe two would have sufficed.  It is a purple tinted grey or grey tinted purple, depending on the light.

After all that dried, I stamped on the different images using Konad plate m51 and the Konad special polish in black.  I find the Konad special polish works better than the Mash special polish.  There are three images on the plate, though I forgot to take a picture of my thumb so you could see the third, largest image.  The flower and the leaves are separate, but I put them together to make a slightly different image on my middle and ring fingers.

I love the way this one turned out.  What do you think?

Until later,

Chess

No comments: