Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Flakies

This week has been pretty good.  Next week will be even better.  I'm taking the week off from work to spend with my husband and to really do some cleaning out around the house.  I always feel like I don't have enough time to do the cleaning I want, so this is the time to get it done.  Maybe our floor will get done this week, as well.

For my nail inspiration this week, check out this pin.  While I didn't do the matte top coat, I'm very happy with the results.


I used the Revlon Nail Art Moon Candy.  Beware, I discovered these bottles break easily compared to regular bottles.  I was extremely sad when I dropped my purple one while trying to take these pictures and had to transfer the remains to another bottle before it dried out.


I did a coat with Orly Liquid Vinyl.  I didn't like it very much.  It chipped off my nails before I could add the flakies.  So then I used Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Black out.  It's one I've used before, but I wasn't sure if it was still good so while I was out I bought the Orly one just in case.  Then I did four stripes using the Moon Candy in OrbitGalactic, Moon Dust, and Universe (from base to tip).

This is in natural light, fairly close to sun set.

This is under our LED light.

I love the look and had many compliments.  I'm just sad that my camera doesn't do this justice.  I tried playing around with the different settings and couldn't get it to look right.  It's kind of an old camera, so if anyone has any suggestions on a newer one for a decent price, leave me a message.  I'd love to get a new one, maybe for Christmas so I can experiment more.  I'm having so much fun with this and would like to continue doing it.

What do you think of this look?  Any suggestions for next week?

Until later,
Chess




No comments: