Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Simple Gradient

How is everyone this week?  I'm off from work with my husband this week.  It's nice to get away from the routine of work and little sleep.  We have been working on our floor some, so I'm rather sore right now.  Regardless, it feels good to get something like that done around the house.

This week, I tried out a more simple gradient.  I seem to be getting better at this technique.  My inspiration can be found here.



I used a base coat of Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Blue By! and then used a sponge for both the blue and Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Black Out


I also decided to try something new with the pictures.  I read on another blog that a light box works pretty well.  I found a fairly cheap one and decided I'd try that to make my pictures look a little better.  The top picture is without flash, just the light from above the box.  The second picture is with flash from the camera.  The third one below this is without flash and using the camera to block some of the light coming through the top of the box.



I'm liking the last picture the most, so I will probably try to get the light a little farther from the box next time. What do you think?

Any suggestions for my next mani?  Colors or designs?  I don't want to start with the Halloween nails just yet.  I feel like fall just started.  Although, I'm waiting for the China Glaze Halloween collection to hit my local Sally Beauty Supply.  I was told October 1st by one of the wonderful ladies who works there.  And I keep checking my King Soopers for those new Sally Hansen polishes that are supposed to come out in October.  I don't want to miss out on those gorgeous colors, and I'd love to get the points for gas rather than spending all that money at Walgreen's or Target without the bonus. 

Well, enough about my polish stalking, leave me a comment on your thoughts or suggestions.

Until later,
Chess


No comments: