Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Breast Cancer Awareness Month

The weather is slowly depressing me already.  Cold and dreary, I'm already waiting for spring so I can warm up again.

So to take my mind off of this a little, I decided to do a mani that is near and dear to my heart, literally.  Breast cancer awareness month is October.  While this is most certainly not the only thing going on this month, it is one of greater importance to me.  Instead of posting a silly facebook status that only gets questions about the status, and then a small mention of breast cancer, I figured this would be better.

We have been working together for over 20 years now to fight breast cancer.  Success rates have grown, and most people now know about breast cancer, in general.  There are cancer centers all over the country, so getting more info, aside from the internet is fairly easy.  The issue now, in my opinion is getting people the knowledge on how to cope financially.

The costs of treatment are extremely high, and most insurance companies seem to spend more time trying not pay out claims than they do actually helping people.  Patients often have to take time from work, therefore losing benefits or money in the process.  Now there are organizations out there that help patients in this situation.  A couple of them can be found here and here.  So if you know someone who is going through this rough process, or you are yourself, check these sites and see what help you can get.

And now, for the featured presentation:


I started off with Essie We're in it Together, a nail polish that was created for this month.  I love the slight shimmer to the pink.  I decided to try adding a tip in Sally Hansen Lustre Shine Moonstone.  I liked it so much, that I added it to all my nails.  It shifts to a light pink in some light, at least with this mani.


I received a new plate from Vivid Lacquer I was waiting for in the mail, right before doing this mani, so I used three of the images from it in Essie Super Bossa Nova.



I experimented with another camera I have.  I think the colors come out better with the right light.  I had a hard time taking a picture of the plate.  This was the best I could do.  What do you think of the pictures?  Do you like one better?  Also, what do you think about my mani this week?  Loving it or hating it?  

Leave me a message and let me know what you think.  Also, you can follow me here on my blog so you don't miss any more updates.

Until later,
Chess



No comments: