Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Egyptian

This week has been a little rough as well. Work is getting me down and I'm ready for a new adventure. I thought about getting certified to be a yoga teacher, but I decided against it as I just don't have the funds right now. Maybe I can do that soon, though.

This weeks mani was inspired by love for Egyptian symbols. I bought the most recent Bundle Monster set and it had an ankh in there. I'd seen the Eye of Ra in my Mash set, so I decided to try something with it.

I started with a base of China Glaze Swanky Silk.  I sponged Sally Hansen Lustre Shine Lava on the tips.  I stamped the wings using BM06 and Sally Hansen Lustre Shine Scarab.  What a perfect name for that polish too!!  I stamped the Eye of Ra using Mash-36 and Konad special polish in black.  The ankh is from BM-322 using Konad special polish in black.
 What do you think?  It reminds me of something you would see in a burial sanctuary for a Pharaoh.


Also, for my challenge, I'm down to 52 colors!!  I'm slowly getting there.





No comments: