Tuesday, December 25, 2012

White Christmas

It seems that this is the first year since 1987 that we have had a true white Christmas   I'm not sure if it is true, but I'm inclined to believe it.  As my husband pointed out, we never have a white Christmas but we almost always have a white Halloween.

Even though it snowed and is now melting, I did not do a white mani for Christmas.  I found one on pinterest that I fell in love with.  You can see the original here.  I modified it a bit as I didn't have a plate that would give me stars like in the original.  Also, I don't like to put on beads or gems that much, so I found a plate with a line of small stars to use.




 I started with a base of Sinful Colors Merlot.  I don't think that this brand is available anymore, but I have kept this color because I love it!  Then I stamped the stars using Sally Hansen Insta-Dri  Silver Sweep and Mash-49.


I was hoping to find plates with tiny stars, but couldn't find one in my collection.  I tried using plate BM-310 for the quilt looking design, but I couldn't get that to work.  I'll try that with a Konad special polish and see if that works any better.



I then did french tips with the Silver Sweep.  After that dried I used the Merlot again with plate Mash-27 to stamp on the little stars on my ring fingers.


I hope you like this little mani for Christmas!


Merry Christmas everyone!!

Chess

No comments: