Sunday, March 17, 2013

Shamrocks!

Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone!!  I know it has been a while since I posted, and I apologize for that.  My computer decided it really hated me this time.  I got the blue screen of death for what seemed like the billionth time and I couldn't do anything.  I finally loaded windows in safe mode, which worked, and removed my documents and photos and such.  I reloaded Windows, so I then had to reload my programs.  So far, so good, but I know I should start saving and looking for a new laptop.  Quite literally when it was acting up, my husband came home to me crying over the darn thing, as I was just so fed up with it.  Needless to say, I will never buy a DELL again!

So onto the fun, right?  Partly because of the holiday and partly because it took a while to get back to posting, I have three different manis to show you wonderful reader who are still with me.



The first one is what I did last year.  The photo was
taken with my cell phone, which is why it doesn't look quite as great.  I started with a base of white.  I really wanted to stamp the shamrocks with holo polish, but it wouldn't work for me.  So, I ended up painting the tips in holo green polish.  I think it was one of the HITs holos.  Then I stamped on the shamrocks with Konad special polish in green.



This year, I reversed it a bit.  I started with Icing Mr. Right Now.  I stamped on the shamrocks using plates BM03 and RA-116, with Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Whirlwind White.  I like this one a bit better.  There is more green with a little white.  I love white nail polish, but because I'm very pink instead of tan, I feel it doesn't look that great one me.



Last,  I started with a basic white tip using Orly Pointe Blanche.  Once that was dry, I used another of those Icing glitter polishes I got in a four-pack.  There is no name on it.  I played around with the silver glitter to get it spaced out more evenly, because I'm a little obsessive about that.  I topped it off with my favorite Diamond Dry to keep the glitter from catching on things and scratching.



Which one do you like?

Until later,

Chess

No comments: