Thursday, May 16, 2013

Nyx

This has been a rather slow week at work.  We have been all caught up for a while, but I know it is the calm before the storm.  We are supposed to get another audit shortly.

I went to a yoga workshop this last weekend that put me out of commission for two days.  I guess I need to work on my squats a bit more.  Even now I'm just getting back into things.  My stationary bike is difficult after four days off.  I tend to do that on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays, with belly dance the other days.

Last night I was just so tired, I ended up crashing on the couch for at least a half an hour, and then I went to bed at the usual time and slept through the night.  I guess I needed that.

This week I went with a simple mani.  I decided to try one of the Zoya PixieDust collection with a clear top coat over the top.  It's nothing special, but I love the silver sparkle this provides in the color. 

I used about three coats of Zoya Nyx to get the color I wanted.  After that dried, I used my Diamond Dry in a thick top coat. 

I feel like it worked pretty well to smooth out the sandpaper feeling of the polish.  It's still not as smooth as cream or gel nail polish, but it isn't as rough either.  I think a second coat, thick or not, would make it nice and smooth, but I just didn't bother.  I'm not looking forward to removing this one, as the last one I used was painful to get off.

I'm also thinking of doing a little giveaway in celebration of reaching 2000 page views.  Any suggestions?  Polish, plates, something else? Please let me know of your ideas.

Until later,

Chess




No comments: