Friday, May 31, 2013

Two-toned

I know it has been a couple of weeks since you all have seen a post from me.  We got our audits at work, both at the same time.  That means that two of us have to process a little over 700 charts in 45 days, on top of what we normally do.  We are allowed some over time, but not much, so I have been taking my boss up on that offer so I can work on my debt.  Bad decisions and whatnot, so now I've learned my lesson and am paying the price plus interest, but I feel like I'm getting somewhere.

Also, I was preparing for my sister's bridal shower and the bachelorette party.  The shower was small, low key, but a lot of fun.  The bachelorette party was great.  We ended up going to a restaurant and then a club.  I've never really been one to do the club thing, so it was a different experience for me.

My sister's Fiance just graduated from the Air Force Academy, so a fair amount of time was spent with his party, commissioning ceremony and graduation.

Finally the wedding is this Sunday. Lots of finishing little projects and making sure the little details are complete.  Rehearsal for the wedding was today.  Set up at the reception hall is tomorrow.  It just really hit me today that my sister will be married, moving on some with her life and her new family, and will be moving away soon when her Fiance goes to Pilot school.

All in all, it has been an exhausting and emotional couple of weeks.  However, during this time, I have kept up my manis and taken pictures.  So to get back into the swing of things, I am providing you with two manis I did.


The first one I did I started off with an ad from a magazine for L'oreal polish.  I really liked the two colors they used, and wanted to try them out.

Like with anything, the colors weren't quite true.  I felt the orange one (Orange You Jealous?) was pretty close but the purple one (Members Only) was more pink in real life.  I really would have preferred the more purple tone.

 The second mani I did was based on another ad from a magazine for Sally Hansen Sugar Coat polish.


When I went shopping, I noticed the polish, but the blue was nothing like the blue in the ad.  So I decided instead of trying all four, I would just try two of the colors.  I tried a gradient with the mint green (Sour Apple) and the ocean blue (Razzleberry).


I love the colors together and the look.  However, I really did not like the texture.  It is much more coarse than the Zoya Pixie Dust collection, and seemed to feel like it was catching on clothing.  After one night, I couldn't handle it and removed it.



I hope you don't mind my time away from the blog.  I'm hoping after everything this weekend, I can get back to the normal routine.  I already have a mani planned for the wedding, so my next post will probably be about that.  I may also provide a picture of the color I used after removing the Sugar Coat.

Until later,

Chess

No comments: