Friday, August 30, 2013

Druzy Rocks

I have always been fascinated with stones, rocks, geodes, and crystals.  One of my newest obsessions is jewelry with druzy stones or rocks instead of gems such as diamonds.  They are unique and more special. They are made up of a bunch of tiny crystals on a surface.

This week I wanted to use one of the new OPI San Francisco collection, and after using it, it reminded me so much of a druzy rock.

For this, I used two coats of OPI Alcatraz...Rocks.  I was very interested in it when I saw the swatches, but these picture do not do it justice.  I have very few specific polishes that I would recommend to anyone, but this is one.  If you are able to get it, make sure you do.
 I don't think you will be disappointed.

There is a bit of tip wear, and it is mostly noticeable because the tip gets a little more shiny.  It loses the texture some and becomes more like a cream or glitter polish.  Even in the second picture, which is after a week on, it isn't all that noticeable.
I hope you love this one as much as I do.

Until later,

Chess




No comments: