Saturday, January 4, 2014

Flowers and Vines

I am glad the holidays are over and I can get back to my somewhat regular schedule.  I have been spending more time with my family, especially my sister, as she will be leaving with her husband at the end of next week.  They are moving to Mississippi for his pilot training.  It is a rough transition for me, as she and I have spent the last 26 or so years together.  It will be hard not seeing her every week, but I am proud of all that she has accomplished so far, and know she will soar to new heights.

This week I took some inspiration from this pin.  I love the color and the stamp image.

I started with three coats of Icing Lilacquer.  Then I stamped on the image using plate m73 and Konad special polish in black.  After that dried, I painted the black on the tips using China Glaze Liquid Leather.  Finally, I used the Diamond Dry top coat.

Unfortunately, the Diamond Dry causes shrinkage at the tips.  That isn't tip wear in the photos, but the Diamond Dry pulling the color back some as it dries.  Aside from that, and the slight smudging on a couple nails of the image, I thought this mani turned out very well.

Let me know what you think!

Until later,

Chess

No comments: