Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Keys

This week has been rather cold with today being the warmest so far.  I'm certainly ready for summer when I don't have to wear ten layers of clothing to try to stay warm.

This week I wanted to play with a very blue color and then couldn't figure out what to do after that.  My inspiration came while reading a new book.  The Girl in the Clockwork Collar by Kady Cross has a bunch of keys at the beginning of each chapter.  So I went through my plates and found a couple with keys.


 I started off with a base of Sinful Ciao Bella!  There is a bit of tip wear on this one, but it is extremely glittery.  I'm hoping it isn't a pain to remove.

Then I stamped the keys using Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Silver Sweep with plates BM-301 and Mash-32 for the keys.

This one is fairly simple overall, but everyone loved this one as well.  I think the people I work with just like all the different things I come up with.  A gentleman that I work with said he was watching one of the morning news shows and they stated that this type of nail art is going to be the "in" thing this year.  It's interesting to be ahead of the times on that one, because most of us in the nail design community have been doing this for a while.  And while I didn't start posting to this blog about my nails until recently, I have been doing different things with my nails for quite some time.

Mostly, I'm working on the photo aspect of things now.  Trying to make my photos look more professional and cleaner overall.

What do you all think of this mani?  Maybe some suggestions for next week?  Any colors or themes?


Stay warm everyone!
Until later,
Chess







No comments: