Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Metallic Green Gradient

This week is a shortened week because I'm taking off Thursday and Friday for my birthday.  The craziness of last week seems to have subsided some, and this weekend was relatively relaxing.  My creativity returned a bit here, as I was looking through the colors on my desk that I haven't used yet.  I'm pretty excited about this mani and I hope you like it too!

 I started off with a couple coats of China Glaze Unpredictable.  This color is more thin than many of the other polishes I have, so it took a bit of work to get full coverage.

Once that was dry, I sponged Unpredictable and L'oreal The Muse's Attitude.  I found this color at my local grocer, but I also saw it in a few other places at one point.  I found the L'oreal color to be thin as well, so I sponged on a second application of both colors.  Even then, the tips just weren't right, so I sponged on the L'oreal color on the tips to get the deeper color to show.

 Usually, when I do gradients, I like to add a top coat to make the colors look more shiny.  I wanted to play around, so I used a matte top coat on one finger, and I didn't like that.  I tried my Diamond Dry top coat and it was too shiny.  So in the end, I sponged a little more color onto that nail to bring it back to the original design.  I love the way the texture of the sponged colors adds to the effect.

What do you think?

Also, any suggestions for the next set I do?

Until later,
Chess


No comments: