Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Kitty Cats

Back to the grind!!  I had to go back to work this week after having last week off.  It's been a little tough.    I decided to forgo yoga tonight for a few reasons, one of which was to get this posted.  Also, it's the first of the year and all those people that made resolutions for this year are all going to yoga, it seems.  I don't mind being friendly, but I draw the line when I can barely move without hitting someone or falling on someone (one of my goals is balance).

So I decided on this mani last week, knowing that I might not have time to get much of this done.

 I started with a base of Elle Dancing Queen.  I saw this polish at Kohl's and thought it would be fun to try.  I saw the duochrome, but figured it would be much like the others out there where you get one color unless you hit the light just right.  I was amazed, and even more amazed when I looked at my pictures, where you can still see the duochrome.  I haven't looked that the cosmetics in Kohl's for a while, so I'm not sure this is still available.  If it is, I highly recommend it.  I had a number of complements from the different people I meet at my job with this color.


After the color dried, I added the cats and paw prints using Konad special polish in black and a couple of the plates from Vivid Lacquer.  The cats are from VL 003 and the paws are from VL 001.









Also, I had my sister over last night and we were working on ideas for her nails for the wedding.  I grabbed all the colors and when I had them sitting on the floor, I decided to take a picture and show you what my collection looks like, minus some that I have sitting on my desk, waiting to play.



I think I need a better system, but the problem is space.  I can't put up a shelving unit because I don't have any wall space.  If anyone has any suggestions, let me know.  It would be fabulous to have a display of some sorts so I don't have to dig around all the time trying to find a specific color.  I know my husband thinks I have too many, but I could easily say that about many of his things.

Finally, my quest to use the polish on my desk is coming along.  I now have 42 bottles that I need to use before this challenge is over.

I hope everyone has a really great week!!  I know I can't wait until the weekend.

Until later,
Chess



No comments: