Sunday, November 18, 2012

Astrology

I was finally able to get photos of this last week's mani.  I'm having to re-evaluate when I do my nails so I can get pictures during the day light.  I would have had this up sooner, but we went to the Trans-Siberian Orchestra yesterday.  It was great!!!
This mani was based on one I found on Pinterest again.  The link to the original blog is here.

I started with a base of China Glaze Want My Bawdy.  Then I used plastic wrap and "sponged" on a layer of  China Glaze Deviantly Darling and then a layer of Want my Bawdy again.



Then I stamped the moons using Sally Hansen Lustre Shine Copperhead and the stars with Firefly.  The astrological symbols were stamped using Essie Good as Gold.  After everything, I used the Orly Matte Top Coat.

I had a number of complements on this one.  I think it is the contrast of the dark background with the light symbols.  I also think that taking the photos in bright sunlight with the sun being blocked works the best.

Until later,
Chess




No comments: