Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Steampunk

This week I decided to do a steampunk mani in honor of The World of Steam Kickstarter project.  If you are interested in the project, whether it be to see what they are doing or to become a backer, you can check it out here.

For the mani, it is not my original design.  You can see the original here.


I started with a couple layers of Pixi Evening Emerald.  On my thumb, middle and pinky fingers, I stamped the Space Needle from BM15 using Sonia Kashuk Two Cent.  On the other two fingers, I stamped the same image using Essie Penny Talk.  I like the Sonia Kashuk one better for this look, so I would use it on all my fingers if I did this again.


Finally, I stamped the cog image from BM03 using Essie Good as Gold and Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Silver Sweep.  

I really like the teal backdrop for this mani.  I think I could work on this idea a little more to make everything look distressed or vintage without making it look like a mess.  It is not a perfect recreation of the original as I didn't sponge anything onto my nails before stamping.  That may have made the overall look a little better.

I hope you like this one as much as I do, and I hope you will go check out Matt King's newest project at the Kickstarter link I gave you.

Until later,
Chess

No comments: